Over the years I’ve collected a number of boots and while my Alpinestars Supertech R race boots were great on a race bike I needed something a little bit more rugged for use on the GS. I had been touring with a set of Alpinestars SMX-3 boot, and while this was comfortable and easy to live with being a low boot, it was a bit too sporty and have very little in the way of grip on the sole. I had seen a very favourable review of a Forma adventure boot but I didn’t want a full height boot. Having looked for alternatives I was informed that the boot I had seen reviewed was available in a low version, what’s more the online link I was sent was a local outlet meaning I could go and give them a try before committing.
The Forma Adventure Low boots certainly look the part. Available in black or brown, I opted for the brown Full-grain oil treated leather. The low boot has two adjustable quick release buckles and a velcro closure. When open the boot flap has an internal gusset to give them the waterproof capability that my old boots struggled with in extreme rain. For when the ground gets rough the sole has ample tread that looks like it can handle the hardiest of terrain.
I was reliably informed that they would bed in very quickly but from the off they were extremely comfy with a good padded interior. As you would expect from a boot of this nature they are very sturdy and it took a minute to mentally adjust to where my foot needed to be on gear shift. The boots are solid and while I might want more protection if I was doing some extreme off road riding, I’m not and these are a significant upgrade in terms of what I was wearing for touring.
Spec wise this is what you get for your 170 British pounds…
- Full-grain oil treated leather upper
- Specific adventure/enduro/ atv-quad double density compound rubber sole
- Injection moulded plastic protection
- Plastic gear pad protection
- Adjustable velcro closure
- Replaceable/adjustable GH plastic buckles
- Personalized Forma Drytex tubular lining (waterproof and breathable)
- Ankle TPU moulded plastic protections
- Soft polymer padding with memory foam
- PP Mid Dual Flex with anti-shock EVA midsole
- Anti-bacterial replaceable footbed with A.P.S. (Air Pump System)
Available from many stockist but I can certainly recommend my local store Adventure Bike Warehouse